1. Develop Financial Literacy – Learn the business language of a CEO or CFO. Choose a degree programme where you will be engaged with a range of technical and applied skills that builds up the industry terminologies and applications relevant to the business career2020欧洲杯体育投注备用 to wish to enter
2. Add 3rd dimension activities to your CV – Engage with the wide range of University activities on offer during your study programme – be it an internship; learn a new language or be part of a volunteering group. Standing out from the crowd should be a number 1 priority!
3. Enhance Your Human Capital2020欧洲杯体育投注备用 – That basically means investing in a relevant education programme where you will meet the requirements of the specific industry you want to be part of in your future career
4. Network with the local profession – Take up every opportunity to meet the leaders in your chosen field; impress the industry speakers who come into the university2020欧洲杯体育投注备用 as guest speakers and ensure you push your professors to publicize the most relevant local networking events
5. Go Global with your qualifications – Choose a programme accredited by a relevant global professional body for example real estate professionals should be looking at obtaining an RICS accredited degree. This will become a global passport for your career and you will find it easier to move to jobs2020欧洲杯体育投注备用 in the parts of the world you want to live in!
Dr. Michael Waters is an Associate Professor in Real Estate at Heriot-Watt University Dubai and has launched three related real estate education programmes. These include BA in Real Estate Management & Finance (Undergraduate); MSc in Real Estate Management & Development (Postgraduate) and MSc in Real Estate Investment & Finance (Postgraduate).
Dr. Michael Waters has been working in real estate academia since 2004. Whilst being a professor at Heriot-Watt, University Dubai, he also undertook various endeavors within the Real Estate Industry, which include APC Assessor at The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and conducting workshops with real estate developers Engel & Völkers Dubai.
He has worked in private practice in London prior to moving to Dubai in 2004, building a portfolio of strategic property advice for major UK housebuilders. Dr. Michael Waters holds a plethora of academic and professional qualifications including Chartered Membership of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), and a Fellowship from the Higher Education Academy (FHEA). He has also authored and delivered over 30 conference presentations and white paper discussions at national and international levels, in areas of property valuation, real estate, development feasibility, and professional development.
Please do not post:
2020欧洲杯体育投注备用Thank you once again for doing your part to keep Edarabia the most trusted education source.